Responding to family violence by adolescents – Western Australia
8 October 2020, 8:00PM-9:00PM
Use of family violence by adolescents is an increasingly acknowledged social policy problem. Yet jurisdictions around Australia adopt different approaches to this challenge – resulting in divergent legal responses and associated support for those experiencing it.
Join us at 5pm AWST / 8pm AEDT on Thursday 8 October for this panel discussion.
You are invited to a discussion exploring this challenge as it presents in Western Australia, as well as the way in which this contrasts with other Australian legal responses. The event will outline the findings of the ANROWS funded PIPA Project, as well as the practice and policy realities in the Western Australian context.
- Heather Nancarrow, CEO, ANROWS
- Elena Campbell, Associate Director, Centre for Innovative Justice, and lead author of The PIPA Project: Positive Interventions for Perpetrators of Adolescent violence in the home
- Magistrate Sarah Dewsbury, Children’s Court of Western Australia
- Dr Victoria Hovane, Adjunct Professor, University of Western Australia
- Claire Rossi, Legal Aid Western Australia
- Michael Hovane, Legal Aid Western Australia
You can listen to the recording of the Victorian event here.
You can watch a recording of the Tasmanian webinar event here.