Intersections of gambling and offending
The intersection of gambling and offending: what integrated financial counselling and legal practice can achieve
This is a recording of the Intersections of gambling and offending: What can integrated financial counselling and legal practice achieve? webinar which took place on Friday 26 June 2020. This webinar looks at the benefits gleaned from our Financial Counselling pilot, run in collaboration with the Mental Health Legal Centre’s Inside Access program and with the kind support of the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation. The webinar included a discussion of the intersection between gambling and offending first identified by the CIJ in its 2017 report, Compulsion, Convergence or Crime? Criminal justice system contact as a form of gambling harm, as well as the steps which the CIJ took to respond to this work in seconding a Financial Counsellor into the existing integrated practice at MHLC.
- Elena Campbell, Associate Director, CIJ
- Sarah Davidson, Financial Counsellor, CIJ
- Ann Jorgensen, Principal Solicitor, Mental Health Legal Centre
- Kristina Bucak, Solicitor, Inside Access Program, Mental Health Legal Centre
- Amanda Carter, Managing Lawyer, Therapeutic Courts, Victoria Legal Aid.